LinkedIn has been popularly described as a digital CV. This media platform is ranked as the world’s largest professional networking app. To build your career path, it is advisable to have a LinkedIn account but more than that, have a strong account that promotes your professional brand.
This week, we will start with your LinkedIn profile.
Here are some tips to building a great LinkedIn profile:
- Use your consistent professional name as your LinkedIn name.
- Edit your public profile URL to your LinkedIn name only.
- Use a professional picture as your profile picture.
- Have a background photo.
- Create a headline that sells your professional brand in a few words.
- Have an engaging and well-versed summary that defines your professional image and achievements in 2000 characters or less.
- Make use of important keywords in your profile to build visibility.
- Put your relevant work experience with a brief description of your role and achievements, and where applicable, media files.
- Add your skills, licenses, and certifications you have obtained that relate with your career path.
- Add your languages and proficiency level in each of them.
- Don’t neglect the additional section of your profile. If any, add your volunteer experience, publications, patents, projects, honours & awards, organizations, and causes.