We are back again with another article on Career Upgrade.
This is part 2 of our 6-part series, if you are yet to read part 1, click the link below to read it.
Career Upgrade 1
Now that you have read part 1, let’s continue.
As promised, this article brings you 3 more tips on how to get a career upgrade.
- Evaluate Your Skills
- What are the skills that have helped you thus far in your career?
- What is your competency level for each skill?
- What skills do you need to build for a career upgrade?
- How can you build these skills?
- Take Online Courses
Take online courses to help you build the necessary skills for your career upgrade. If you are already thinking to yourself, where will I get the money from? Discard that thought. There are diverse free online platforms where you can take professional development-based courses, some of which are:
- Saylor Academy
- Philanthropy University
- Google Digital Garage
- Maximize Social Media
Social media serves you all the information required for career advancement on a platter, with the only payment necessary being mobile data.
- Maximize your social media usage by sieving the information you take in.
- Search for relevant authorities in your career field on social media and follow their pages (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter).
- Diligently and vigorously seek to learn from the relevant career-related information on their pages.
Tip: Make it a habit to watch 1 productive career-driven YouTube video per day.