We are back again with another article on Career Upgrade.
This is part 2 of our 6-part series, if you are yet to read part 1, click the link below to read it.
Career Upgrade 1
Now that you have read part 1, let’s continue.
As promised, this article brings you 3 more tips on how to get a career upgrade.
1. Evaluate Your Skills
- What are your skills that have helped you thus far in your career?
- What is your competency level for each skill?
- What skills do you need to build for a career upgrade?
- How can you build these skills?
2. Take Online Courses
Take online courses to help you build the necessary skills for your career upgrade. If you are already thinking to yourself, where will I get the money from? Discard that thought. There are diverse free online platforms where you can take professional development based courses, some of which are:
- Saylor Academy
- Philanthropy University
- Google Digital Garage
3. Maximise Social Media
Social media serves you all the information required for career advancement on a platter, with the only payment necessary being mobile data.
- Maximise your social media usage by sieving the information you take in.
- Search for relevant authorities in your career field on social media and follow their pages (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Diligently and vigorously seek to learn from the relevant career-related information on their pages.
Tip: Make it a habit to watch 1 productive career driven YouTube video per day.